TIME EXTENDED! DEADLINE-11:59PM THURSDAY MAY 10TH!
Monologue Contest STANJ is hosting an Instagram Monologue Contest! Click on the link to view contest instructions, rules, and terms and conditions. STANJ Instagram Contest Rules
- Agreement of Rules: By participating, contestant is in agreement with the Contest Entry Requirements, Terms, and Eligibility Requirements set forth by the Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey (STANJ).
- Contestants must be residents of New Jersey.
- This contest is sponsored by STANJ, and is open only to contestants who are sponsored by a STANJ member teacher in good standing.
- Contestants must be in grades 7-12 to enter.
- How to Submit
- Follow @stanj_artsnj on Instagram!
- Create a video of a 1-minute monologue, or a 1-minute cutting of a monologue, from a published play. Upload your video to a PUBLIC Instagram account. (If your account is PRIVATE, we encourage you to make a separate PUBLIC account, as actors do for their work.)
- Include in the caption your first name, and play title, character name, and playwright of which the monologue is from.
- Use the following tags:
- Post your video on Instagram and tag @stanj_artsnj!
*Videos must be posted by 11:59 PM on May 10, 2018 to be considered for the STANJ Instagram Monologue Contest. Each contestant may only submit one video for consideration.
- Prizes: One (1) $100 gift card will be awarded to the first place winner, one (1) $50 gift card will be awarded to the second place winner, and four (4) $25 gift cards will be awarded to the runners-up.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Adjudicator(s) will review and select the winning contestants based upon the STANJ Monologue Performance Rubrics used to adjudicate the annual STANJ competition. The amount of “likes” and/or “re-posts” will have no effect on how winners are determined. All winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message to confirm acceptance and coordinate delivery of the award. The winners’ videos will be re-posted and shared by STANJ on all social media platforms to announce who has won.
Contest Entry Requirements
- Each student must be 13-18 years old and a current New Jersey resident.
- Inappropriate images and content are prohibited.
- Each contest entry post must meet the guidelines set for the STANJ Instagram Contest.
- Monologue must be from a published play. A published play is a play for which performers would pay a royalty or performance fee to perform the play in its entirety, with the exception of plays which are in the public domain (i.e. Shakespeare, Moliere, Oscar Wilde, etc.).
- Each student and their parental guardian(s) acknowledge and accept the STANJ Instagram Contest Terms of Agreement.
Each student and their parental guardian(s) must accept and acknowledge that they are agreeing to the following when participating in the STANJ Instagram Contest: Terms of Agreement
- By entering the contest, the entrant, and the entrant’s parental guardian(s) if under 18 years of age, automatically gives the Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey permission to utilize and share the entrant’s name, school, and the video submitted for the contest for promotional, media/press, and educational purposes.
- The results of the contest will have no effect on future Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey Governor’s Award Competition results, and past Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey Governor’s Award Competition results have no effect on STANJ Instagram Contest results.
- The contest is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc. By entering, entrants confirm they are 13+ years of age, release Instagram responsibility, and agree to Instagram’s term of use.